E-Way Bill: Implementation Update and Important Points to Note
- E-way bill system has been introduced for inter-State movement of goods across the country from 1st April, 2018.
- States of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Tripura and Uttarakhand have already implemented e-way bill system for intra-State movement of goods.
- Till 23rd April, 2018, more than 1.96 Crore e-way bill have been successfully generated.
- E-way bill system is being introduced for intra-State movement of goods in the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya & Sikkim and Union Territory of Puducherry from 25th April, 2018.
Important points to remember
1. You can register now on the e-way bill portal namely: http://ewaybillgst.gov.in by using your GSTIN, If you don’t have GSTIN, then you can enroll on the portal without GSTIN too.
2. E-way bill is required to be generated only when the value of the consignment exceeds Rs. 50,000/- which includes tax, but doesn’t include value of exempted goods. Currently, no e-way bill is required if the value of goods of an individual consignment is less than Rs. 50,000/-, even if the total value of all such consignments in single conveyance is more than Rs. 50,000/-.
3. Where goods are transported by railways or air or vessel, the e-way bill shall be generated by the registered supplier/recipient only and not by the transporter, and the same can be generated even after the commencement of the movement of goods.
4. E-way bill can be generated through various modes like Web-based system, Android App, SMS, using Bulk generation facility and API based site-to-site Integration, etc.