Notification No. 60 & 61/2020 – Central Tax both dated 30th July 2020
(Earlier E-invoiceNotifications no. 68, 69, 70, 71 & 72/2019 –Central Tax all dated 13th December 2019; Notification No. 13/2020– Central Tax dated 21st March 2020)
Notification No. 61/2020 – Central Tax dated 30th July 2020 ( Amends Notification No. 13/2020– Central Tax which shall come into force from 1st October 2020)
E-invoice to be made effective only for those whose aggregate turnover in a financial year exceeds five hundred crore rupeesw.e.f. 01.10.2020.
Special Economic Zones (SEZs); Insurer or a banking company or a financial institution, including a nonbanking financial company; goods transport agency; supplier of taxable service supplying passenger transportation service; A registered person supplying services by way of admission to exhibition of cinematograph films in multiplex screens
Format/Schema for e-Invoice
Notification No. 60/2020 – Central Tax dated 30th July 2020 (CGST Rules 2017 amended)
Format/Schema for e-Invoice viz Form GST INV-01 notified under rule 48(4) of the CGST Rules 2017
0..1: It means that reporting of item is optional and when reported, the same cannot be repeated.
1..1: It means that reporting of item is mandatory but cannot be repeated.
1..n: It means that reporting of item is mandatory and can be repeated more than once.
0..n: It means that reporting of item is optional but can be repeated more than once if reported.
Invoice Reference Number (IRN) (Mandatory)
- A unique reference number for the invoice.
- However, the supplier will not be populating this field. The registration request may not have this field populated. The Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) will generate this IRN and respond to the registration request.
- e-invoice is valid only when it has the IRN. Hence, a mandatory field.
Supply type (Mandatory)
- Code to identify type of supply
- B2B: Business to Business; B2C: Business to Consumer; SEZWP: To SEZ with Payment; SEZWOP: To SEZ without Payment; EXPWP: Export with Payment; EXPWOP: Export without Payment’ DEXP: Deemed Export
Document Type (Mandatory)
- Code for type of Document
- INV for Invoice, CRN for Credit Note, DBN for Debit note.
Document number and date (Mandatory)
- Number – 16 digit as per CGST Rules
- Date Format "DD/MM/YYYY”
- Supplier Legal Name: Legal Name, as appearing in PAN of the Supplier
- GSTIN of Supplier
- Supplier Address; Supplier Place;
- Supplier State Code; Supplier PIN Code
Recipient Information (Mandatory)
- Recipient Legal Name; as per PAN
- GSTIN of the Recipient, if available. URP: In case of exports or if supplies are made to unregistered persons
- Place of Supply (State Code)
- Recipient Address; Recipient Place
- Recipient State Code
Invoice Item Details( Mandatory)
- Item List
- Document Total
- Total Taxable Value (sum of the taxable values of all the items in the document); Total Invoice Value in INR