Dear Valued Taxpayers,
1. GSTN is pleased to inform the taxpayers that the functionality for geocoding the principal place of business address (i.e. the process of converting an address or description of a location into geographic coordinates) is now available on the GST Portal. This feature is introduced to ensure the accuracy of address details in GSTN records and streamline the address location and verification process.
2. This functionality can be accessed under the Services/Registration tab in the FO portal. The system-generated geocoded address will be displayed, and taxpayers can either accept it or update it as per their requirements of their case. In cases where the system-generated geocoded address is unavailable, a blank will be displayed, and taxpayers can directly update the geocoded address.
3. The geocoded address details will be saved separately under the "Principal Geocoded" tab on the portal. They can be viewed under My profile>>Place of Business tab under the heading "Principal Geocoded" after logging into the portal. It will not change your existing addresses.
4. The geocoding link will not be visible on the portal once the geocoding details are submitted by the taxpayer. This is a one-time activity, and once submitted, revision in the address is not allowed and the functionality will not be visible to the taxpayers who have already geocoded their address through new registration or core amendment. GSTN emphasizes once again that the address appearing on the registration certificate can be changed only through core amendment process. This geocoding functionality would not impact the previously saved address record.
5. This functionality is available for normal, composition, SEZ units, SEZ developers, ISD, and casual taxpayers who are active, cancelled, and suspended. It will gradually be opened for other types of taxpayers.
6. GSTN would like to also inform you that this functionality is currently being made available for taxpayers registered in Delhi and Haryana only, and it will gradually be opened for taxpayers from other States and UTs.
For more information click here to subscribe our library
FOR FREE CONDUCTED TOUR OF OUR ON-LINE LIBRARIES WITH OUR REPRESENTATIVE-- CLICK HERE